In society, we’re taught at a young age the value of education and getting high grades. So, growing up, we focus on passing
tests and being in the top percentile as that’s the belief of entrée into a successful career. But, the truth is that that is only part of the formula for a successful career.
Your intelligence, experience, and education will get you the opportunity…the job…the client.
The next step is to focus on your Emotional Intelligence (EQ), which will keep your career soaring.
Here are the top nine areas to start to focus on:
1. Goal Setting: This is where I begin with my clients. What do you want to achieve in your personal and professional life? Once you know where you’re going, reaching your destination is more effortless. But, more importantly, it puts you in control of your life – or, to use the “fancy dancy” word of being “self-actualized.”
2. Intention: Be intentional and deliberate about your actions. Release the “shoulds” and understand why you are taking specific action.
3. Empathy: See the situation from someone else’s point of view. Although you may disagree with their conclusions, learn to understand why they think/feel that.
4. Connection: Create relationships that are built on mutuality in the form of respect and honor.
5. Personal Power: Learn to come into your power and own your point of view (POV). Even though not everyone may agree with your beliefs and feelings, you must take a stand for yourself.
6. Honor: Honor yourself (and others) through your actions and words.
7. Respond: Start to pause and respond instead of reacting to uncomfortable and unexpected situations.
8. Flexibility: In your opinions and actions. Listen to what others have to say. This means don’t do the “head nod” thing and ignore what was said. Listen. If you always take the lead, let someone else go first.
9. Positivity: When you view the world as a good place, your thoughts, actions, decisions, and outcomes reflect this. One of the best ways to do this is to keep a gratitude journal.
Of course, you must be authentic in all of these actions.
And listen. Listen more than you speak.
These are important shifts to undertake and often need guidance. When you’re ready for those big transformations, reach out.
My favorite methods for faster results are mindset techniques (tapping
, neuroscience, and other resources I’m an expert in) and the appropriate strategies.
International Speaker | Best-Selling Author |
Breakthrough Success Expert | Leading Mindset Expert | Award-Winning Strategist | Private Coaching
a time to learn more about my coaching services and workshops.
P.P.S. Have you checked out all of the FREE RESOURCES
available for you to help you show up in your brilliance? There are meditations, tapping videos, training, and much more!
P.P.P.S. A portion of my profits is going to animal advocacy. If you’re a dog lover, please check out The Forever Cali Project
. There are lots of great, free resources for you!