Have you ever wondered why someone else has more success than you? You might look at them and wonder why they have the opportunities, clients, and money that you don’t. You wonder…are they smarter than you? …better than you?…luckier than you?…more deserving of you?….I know I’ve been there. That’s when all of the self-doubts pops up. Maybe you even are thinking “why bother?”.
What about you? Have you ever had those thoughts? I hear this over and over again whenever I’m out and about speaking on stages and at events.
The reality is that it’s not because others are smarter, better, luckier or more deserving of you that they have more success.
If you prefer, click here to listen to the audio (Episode 40) of this training.
It’s because of these 5 ACTIONS that they do that you might not be doing.
- They’re willing to do the uncomfortable things that you won’t. Maybe it means making sales calls, going to lots of networking events, picking up the phone and calling someone asking for money. They are willing to do this action over and over again, tweaking whatever is necessary. When they fall down, they pick themselves back up. They make a plan of what it will take to get to their goal. How many times have you given up after starting something?
- They ask for help. No one successful has ever done it alone. The reason is that we don’t know how to do something successful that we’ve never done successfully before. Whether it’s a new type of product or service, raising pricing, hosting an event, speaking on stage or anything. They hire a mentor or coach to teach them how to do it so they know exactly what steps to take to reach their end goal. In fact, they hire the best person they can find- instead of what they can afford. Are you holding on to the belief that you must be successful before you can hire a coach?
- They finish projects. Entrepreneurs (and most people) love to start things. There’s all of that creativity floating around and it’s fun to come up with new ideas. Think about how often you have started de-cluttering projects and never finished. Purchased gym membership and never gone. Started to write a book that’s never been published. It’s the same with your business. The people who are the real deal finish their project to completion. They’ve mapped out the steps and know what needs to be done and do it. How many times have you stopped before completion?
- Delegate when necessary. You’re not superhuman – neither am I. We can’t do it all ourselves. Learn what actions and tasks you can either delegate or hire someone to do for you. It could be business-related. It also could be having your groceries delivered so you can spend that hour on something more productive than driving to the supermarket, shopping and driving home. Or perhaps, asking someone in your household to do the dishes so you don’t have to. How often do you do things yourself because it seems “easier”?
- Absolute clarity on what they want to create. This is missing so often. Is your vision blurry or crystal clear? Are you playing it small and not giving yourself permission to dream big. Perhaps, you’re waiting for someone else to tell them what it is. Have you taken the time to figure it out? You can’t hit a target if you don’t know what it is.
To gently remind you again. It’s never been about how smart or hard-working you are. Or having or not having luck (by the way, I don’t believe in luck – I believe that we create our own circumstances).
Make a choice. Start taking action in the 5 areas mentioned above. Make this upcoming year and even better one for you. If you need help and are looking to hire a coach, please email my team at Info@KateBeeders.com.
Kate Beeders, Founder of BRILLIANCE Builders™
Tap into Your Zone of Brilliance and Breakthrough Your Financial Glass Ceiling
P.S. If you prefer, listen to the audio (Episode 40) of this training.