When you go through a critical life-altering experience in your life, you get a brand-new perspective of what you want your life to look like. For me, it was a decision that my life needs to mean something amazing and the experience of witnessing my Dad’s passing needs to mean something amazing. It’s often difficult to even describe in words the power of what I felt during that time and still feel.
Others have described it as wanting to stop wasting time on B.S. Are you feeling that way? Too much time and energy spent on stuff that really and truly doesn’t even matter?
You’ve probably heard it said that “awareness” is the first step. The reason we say that is once you have the awareness, it allows you to choose what to do next. Do you want to stay in that place/take the same action, etc…or do you want to do something different so you get different results?
What I’m wondering is why wait for that life-altering experience to happen? Why not start now and really make your life count?
Here’s the biggest way I know how to make that shift. And, boy, is it powerful!
- Get the clarity of what you really and truly want to create in your life. Push aside all of the “shoulds” that you think you need to do.
- Stop listening to what the “crowd” tells you to do. Stop paying attention to what others are doing.
- Before taking ANY action, always ask yourself: “Does this honor me?”
- Get support to work through your fears, doubts, and old stories.
- Don’t worry about the “hows”. You’ll get all the answers once you take the first step to move forward.
- Surround yourself with like-minded supportive people.
- Celebrate your successes. Big and small.
Here’s the deal. Today is going to pass whether you change or not. So will tomorrow. And the weeks, months and years after that. How long are you willing to wait until you have a truly abundant and happy life?
P.S. Honestly, it’s difficult to do this alone. That’s why I hire mentors and why people hire me. If you’re at that place that you want expert guidance, contact my team so we can set up a time to connect.