Success is something we want. However, people often self-sabotage. One step forward…two steps back. As much as you think you want something, you can’t get out of your own way! Have you ever done that? I certainly have many times.
It becomes a massive problem as it makes achieving your goals impossible.
Some examples of how it may show up:
- You notice your schedule getting full, and then all of a sudden, things get quiet on your calendar that you can hear a pin drop
- You receive a significant payment, and then you have an emergency that requires a large sum of money and that excess in your bank account no longer exists
- You have an exciting opportunity, and then you get sick and can’t participate
- You get a new high paying client, and then they change their mind, and you’re left feeling rejected
- You get more and more comments on your social media posts than you have in the past. Some are “negative” so you pull back your posting to not draw attention or attract criticism.
- And, an example in your personal life, you start to lose weight, someone compliments you, and you grab the first candy bar you can find to eat.
One of the reasons for the forward and backward game is the cost of success that you perceive. Let me explain what I mean. There’s always a trade-off when moving forward. You have to let go of one thing and replace it with another.
For example, if you want to grow your business and make more money that means you will have more clients. More clients mean more time spent working. You have less time for family and fun. There goes your freedom. At least that’s what you believe. One of the core values for most is freedom. Anything that looks like it will interfere with having freedom, people tend to reject or run away from.
Here’s what I recommend doing to stop the self-sabotage:
1. Create a list of the “costs” of this success
2. Ask yourself is each “cost” worth it to you?
3. Put each “cost” in perspective
4. Shift to what is actually true
That’s your first step. There’s more that needs to be done to really and truly get on the path to breaking through to your brilliance and having the success you want.
Join me for one spectacular day at Brilliance Breakthrough Day which will give you a giant leap in the right direction.
Kate Beeders, The Breakthrough Expert and Founder of BRILLIANCE Builders™
Tap into Your Zone of Brilliance and Breakthrough Your Financial Glass Ceiling
P.S. Make sure to register TODAY for Brilliance Breakthrough Day and take advantage of the Early Bird Pricing.