Be honest. Have you looked at your vision statement (or goal) since you wrote it for 2018?
Hmm, I’ll bet if you’re like most of the people I’ve asked that you might have pulled it out and looked at it once or twice.
When you first wrote your vision statement, I’m sure you were excited about it. Maybe even “over-the-moon” excited? Now, towards the end of the January, you’ve probably forgotten most of what is in it.
Well, the problem with that is that you will probably not reach your goals if you’re not focused on what you want to achieve. Come to the end of 2018; you’ll be crying and disappointed that you didn’t get these results.
Let’s change that and get you back on track!
A study done at Harvard University graduates showed that:
- The 13% of the class who had goals were earning, on average, twice as much as the 84 percent who had no goals at all.
- The three percent who had clear, written goals were earning, on average, ten times as much as the other 97 percent put together. Isn’t that mind-blowing!
(Hint: This could be you earning more money if you follow my steps below)
Would you rather listen to what the 3 actions that are needed to guarantee success (Episode 42).
Here are 3 actions that are guaranteed success in your goal setting:
1. Make copies of your vision statement and put them in several easy to access locations. You might put a copy taped to your bathroom mirror, another in your wallet, one in your purse, attached to your car visor and so on. I also type mine into my iPhone, and it’s always with me. The more you see it, the more you focus on it.
2. Share your vision statement with others as this gives it more power. My caveat to that is always to make sure you’re sharing it people who support you- not bubble bursters! As those people will bring out fear and doubt of what you want to manifest which, as a result, could stop you from moving forward.
3. Have someone hold you accountable- whether it’s a coach or accountability buddy. We all know we can’t keep ourselves accountable, distracted which is why you need another person to do this. My warning about accountability buddies is that there are good ones and bad ones. Meaning, some don’t show up for calls, cancel last minute, and often there’s no real incentive for them to see you succeed. That’s why I prefer to have my coach hold me accountable.
In fact, my private clients are back from a recent retreat, and I asked them when the last time they looked at their vision statement. They all appreciated the gentle reminder as they were busy returning home and getting back into the swing of things and last track.
For extra credit, create a vision board that shows photos and words that match what’s in your statement. That’s an enjoyable project to put together. I’ve often taken a picture of my vision board and used it as my screen saver for my phone, so the reminder is always there of what I want to create.
Follow these three actions: make copies, share your vision and be held accountable. They are easy to implement, you can start today and be on your way.
If you’re looking for mentorship with me to help you accelerate your success, please email my team at Info@KateBeeders.com.
Kate Beeders, Founder of BRILLIANCE Builders™
Tap into Your Zone of Brilliance and Breakthrough Your Financial Glass Ceiling
P.S. Register for the Conversations To Clients Live event and take advantage of the Super Early Bird pricing before it ends.
P.P.S. Listen to the audio version of this training by clicking here (Episode 42)